The preview release of the Q2 2019 SAP SuccessFactors update arrives on May 10, with those updates going live into production on June 7. SAP provides release notes four weeks prior to the preview, so customers know what to expect before it hits their systems.
Mobile enhancements for Time and Attendance Management in SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central are a focus this quarter. This will expand the ability for employees and managers to manage attendance and time off from Android and iOS devices.
Time and Attendance Management Upgrades for the SAP SuccessFactors Mobile App
- Time sheet will be able to records allowance in both the Android and iOS mobile apps. Allowances are specific types of payments made to employees as compensation for working conditions. For example, health and wellness allowances have become more common.
- It will be possible for On-Call time types to be recorded by Time Sheet users in both mobile apps.
- Declined Time Off requests will become viewable in the mobile apps.
- In the iOS app, Time Off users will be able to displace Balances as of a specific date.
- For Android, admins may turn on Half-Day Time Off requests for time profiles that are configured to record in clock time.
Enabling Greater Self-Service
Manager and Employee Self-Service are key in driving greater efficiency in HR. These additions to the SAP SuccessFactors Mobile App enable employees to greater manage their time and attendance without HR admin intervention, freeing up HR for time to work on other projects.
This also provides a more consistent consumer-grade experience no matter where the employee is accessing SAP SuccessFactors. Workers want time and attendance processes to be as easy and smooth as possible, and they want to be able to access them quickly. Expanded mobile capabilities allow that to happen.
More to Come in 2019
This is the second of four releases in 2019. Follow Rizing HCM on LinkedIn for more on this update, as well as future updates. Be sure to check out the quarterly release schedule, and head to the SAP SuccessFactors Community page for webcasts on Q2 enhancements.